The Legion
Please login or register to get the most out of our forums and be able to use the chat box Smile

I forgot my password

Top posting users this week

Latest topics
» HEY!! GUYS!!
Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:12 am by kisuke

» *cough*
Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:19 am by Jeremy

» Is that it, then?
Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:58 pm by chochi4567

» I'm back, bow down peasants.
Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:59 pm by Shivinate

» Future Proprietors of The-Legion
Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:55 am by Rashneish

» I wanna save it
Tue May 27, 2014 3:34 am by Rashneish

» Hey Everybody :) Missed Me?
Sun May 18, 2014 6:13 pm by Rashneish

» So. . . the server is down again?
Sun May 04, 2014 9:30 pm by Chovz

» Crashed server?
Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:08 pm by Iggy5572

» SERVER IS OPEN
Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:32 pm by chochi4567

» Unofficial Legion server vote
Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:37 pm by Rashneish

» IMPORTANT PSA
Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:49 pm by Redsmith

» Server Coming Back
Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:14 pm by Iggy5572

» Spawn Grief
Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:57 pm by BoLo

» Abuse of Staff Power
Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:40 pm by Iggy5572

Staff applications

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Staff applications

Post  Rashneish on Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:38 pm

Fancy yourself as a staff member now, do you? Well, follow these instructions carefully and it might be your lucky day!

Step 1: Do you meat the requirements?

Φ At or over the age of 14
Φ Regular player for at least 3 months
Φ In frequent communication with current staff
Φ Experience/Expertise with player management and at least one of the following areas:

- Relevant Plugins usage:
List the plugins that we use that you have had experience with, as well as what level that you have been using them (Ie: what you had access to/permissions etc)
  - Plugin development:
How long you have been programming, language of speciality, scale of 1-10 how good you are at implementing the bukkit api, as well some examples of past work. (Git* type Repository, binaries. For closed source work, please send an email or a PM to myself (Jeremy) for more information)
  - Building:
Scale of 1-10 of how good you are. (1, okay. 10, run a build team that does commission work) as well as examples of past work. These don't need to be embedded, shorted links will do.
  - Web design:
Language of Preference, skill 1-10 in the following languages: HTML, CSS, javascript, ajax, node, and any others worth mentioning.
  - Video production:
YouTube or other link to previous work, Recording software, editing software.
  - Texture pack production:
Level of detail (16, 32, 64, etc) Examples of past work.

Step 2: Application form

In-Game Username:

Server Join date:

Applying for:

Area of expertise w/ supporting evidence:

Timezone:

Additional notes:

fin.

This application should be filled out and posted as a reply ONLY if the requirements (see step 1) are met.

This thread is for applications ONLY and any replies not including one WILL be removed without warning.

Last edited by Jeremy on Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : - Added More Stuff -)
Rashneish
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Re: Staff applications

Post  Jeremy on Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:11 pm

Also, I'd recommend taking a look at some of the sample/accepted applications.
Jeremy
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.projectorbis.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

chochi4567's moderator application

Post  chochi4567 on Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:17 pm

In-Game Username: chochi4567

Server Join date: not sure but around a year and a half ago

Applying for: moderator

Area of expertise w/ supporting evidence: I have my own bukkit server with a few Plug-ins including GroupManager, WorldEdit, SWatchDog, Essentials, and other plugins on The Legion such as Citizens and such
Timezone:Eastern Standard Time

Additional notes: I have been on the server for quite awhile now. I have made a few friends including enemies. I helped build the spawn and set up a few plugins. I was a mod or admin (i honestly don't remember) but it was taken away when the server was almost finished. I am ALWAYS up for building when someone needs me. I used to play all the time but then the server was taken down. ):   I am close friends with Bane_Of_Zombies (Jeremy), Rashneish, and wlker98. I have also been a VIP since 5/23/13 even though that doesn't matter much. Even though it might be awhile till this gets accepted but I am willing to wait.

Last edited by Jeremy on Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarified something you mumbled on about.)
chochi4567
Server Regular
Server Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy on Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:28 pm

Great member of the community, just received helper. Server join date is *wayyy* off though.
I'd suggest you put in some effort learning the ropes with Prism and WorldGuard.

--Need Help? Contact me on skype callto://baneofzombies , or by email: jerem.perrott@gmail.com--
Proud Member of Alpaca Inc.

Jeremy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Shivinate on Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:21 pm

IGN: Shivinate
Server Join Date: Please. Lol. Long time.
Applying For: Whatever y'all want to give me
Area of Expertise with Supporting Evidence: I am pretty good at breaking up arguments without using the ban hammer. I can help out with basic plugins, but I am more of a guy that would manage people themselves and watch out for people with wrong intentions for the server.
Timezone: Central
Additional Notes: I understand I have been inactive for 2-3 months now, and that our relationship with me and The Legion itself has been shakey, but I think for a good amount of time now that I havent done anything shady, and I want you all to think of me as a much better, capable, and more responsible as a Person. The rest... Well you all know Smile
Shivinate
Server Regular
Server Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashneish on Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:20 am

Shivinate wrote:IGN: Shivinate
Server Join Date: Please. Lol. Long time.
Applying For: Whatever y'all want to give me
Area of Expertise with Supporting Evidence: I am pretty good at breaking up arguments without using the ban hammer. I can help out with basic plugins, but I am more of a guy that would manage people themselves and watch out for people with wrong intentions for the server.
Timezone: Central
Additional Notes: I understand I have been inactive for 2-3 months now, and that our relationship with me and The Legion itself has been shakey, but I think for a good amount of time now that I havent done anything shady, and I want you all to think of me as a much better, capable, and more responsible as a Person. The rest... Well you all know Smile 

I think your 'skill set' matches that of a moderator as more advanced plugin/building knowledge is require to make proper use of Admin. Ill discuss it with Jeremy and the other staff, one of us will get back to you ASAP.

EDIT: Accepted! Welcome to the team. You've been added to the staff skype group and promoted to moderator on the server (under the name 'shivinate')
Rashneish
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Shivinate on Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:53 pm

Great, I hope to be on as soon as I get that Premium MC account. It should be soon I hope.

Edit: I forgot to mention I can help making Youtube videos (recording my display editing and the likes) Do we have an official channel?

If you guys want some evidence of that I have a video where I recorded my screen, edited it out, and changed my voice.

If you guys have heard my voice (That one Skype call) You can tell this is way different. It's better to view it on the Youtube website itself, Link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK8-F5DZk7M
Shivinate
Server Regular
Server Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  BoLo on Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:42 pm

Congrats shiv. It's about damn time, eh? I'm sure you'll be a great addition to the team. Have fun, old sport.
BoLo
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/PWNDstudio

Back to top Go down

Post  Shivinate on Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:17 am

Haha Thanks,

Guys I got an account, The Username is TheShivinator, I'd be happy if you could promote this user. Thanks.
Shivinate
Server Regular
Server Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashneish on Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:40 am

Shivinate wrote:Haha Thanks,

Guys I got an account, The Username is TheShivinator, I'd be happy if you could promote this user. Thanks.

Consider it done if it isn't already.
Rashneish
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

DarkShard's Staff application.

Post  DarkShard_ on Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:03 pm

In-Game Username: DarkShard_

Server Join date: January 15, 2013

Applying for: Moderator

Area of expertise w/ supporting evidence: I am good at making the dtlTraders Plugin and Citizens 2.

I can learn anything you guys need me to and will keep getting better at the thing I already do know.

I have already created 3 NPC shops at spawn.
-Archer
-Miner
-Soldan

All of there prices match the Economy Spreadsheet I was given. (Rounded too the nearsest dollar by Permission of Rashneish).

Additional notes: I know there is one instance you may have doubted my ability to be part of staff, but I'm getting better.
I'm ready to take up some more responsability and help out more than I could.
DarkShard_
Server Regular
Server Regular

Back to top Go down

Application for Moderator

Post  rl_jam on Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:18 pm

In-Game Username: rl_jam (RL)

Server Join date: I can't say for certain, but I was there for the spawn with the giant tree.

Applying for: Moderator, ideally, but I can go wherever I'm needed.

Area of expertise w/ supporting evidence: I'm experienced in both World Edit and World Guard, though most people are nowadays. Running my own server for a few months gave me experience in running things and dealing with players who like to be a general nuisance. I can also pick up the basics of most plugins in just a few minutes and a couple of failed attempts.

Timezone: EST

Additional notes: Nothing of importance that I haven't already said.

~RL
rl_jam
Server Regular
Server Regular

Back to top Go down

MCMaster235's Staff application

Post  Iggy5572 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:24 pm

In-Game Name: MCMaster235

Server Join Date: Before the tree spawn, when we had the spawn in the sky connected to the land by a staircase. So a month after the server was out i think.

Applying For: Moderator

Area of expertise w/ supporting evidence: I have learned a lot about plug-ins by playing many bukkit servers. I am strong with Factions and OK with Chestshop and mcMMO. I can still learn more as I play and as you guys teach me when needed.

Timezone: EST, USA

Additional Notes: I have been here for a long time as you can see, but in playing on the server, 6-8 months. I have made many friends on the server throughout its history. I am aiming to get mod to i can help the server out and protect it and its players. I really care about the server since it was my first real server i played and all of the people who play it, so i really want a rank that can really help out.

Iggy5572
Server Regular
Server Regular

Back to top Go down

If I Have a Say in The Matter...

Post  Shivinate on Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:34 pm

Rl I suppose that is four to six months? 1.6 right?

Iggy you weren't even close to the start date of the server, you were right behind the tree thing and I do not think that has even been a year.

Last edited by Shivinate on Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shivinate
Server Regular
Server Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkShard_ on Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:51 pm

Shivinate wrote:Okay if I have a say on this, I think that Dark should wait, maybe at least a month or two? I mean like he anyways has a higher position than normal in a very short amount of time. But I don't think he shouldn't be given moderator, just wait, till everyone forgets even something as minor as that incident.

Rl I suppose that is four to six months? 1.6 right?

Iggy you weren't even close to the start date of the server, you were right behind the tree thing and I do not think that has even been a year.
Already got the Promotion Shiv.
DarkShard_
Server Regular
Server Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy on Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:44 am

Congratz to Dark, I know you'll be a good addition to the higher ranks.
If no-one objects at this stage, I'll give a pending to both Iggy and RL. Applications look good guys.

Last edited by Jeremy on Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total

--Need Help? Contact me on skype callto://baneofzombies , or by email: jerem.perrott@gmail.com--

Jeremy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Iggy5572 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:01 pm

Yesterday wasn't that good for me so if I need to add things or give more detail i will

Iggy5572
Server Regular
Server Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  BoLo on Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:15 pm

Like the applications, guys.

BoLo
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/PWNDstudio

Back to top Go down

Post  AussieBogan on Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:00 am

In-Game Username: AussieBogan

Server Join date: Many Many Months Ago

Applying for: What ever you want to give me.

Area of expertise w/ supporting evidence: I am very good at most things on minecraft and i play nearly everyday. i have a good memory and remember how to do stuff, i am willing to help do anything unless its to hard to do.

Timezone: Australia, Pacific Ocean

Additional notes: i have created my own website at school and i have been admin on 2 other severs

AussieBogan
Server Regular
Server Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy on Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:06 pm

AussieBogan wrote:In-Game Username: AussieBogan

Server Join date: Many  Many Months Ago

Applying for: What ever you want to give me.

Area of expertise w/ supporting evidence: I am very good at most things on minecraft and i play nearly everyday. i have a good memory and remember how to do stuff, i am willing to help do anything unless its to hard to do.  

Timezone: Australia, Pacific Ocean

Additional notes: i have created my own website at school and i have been admin on 2 other severs

Compare your application to others, and see what you're missing.

Jeremy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Staff Application

Post  poapst8 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:18 pm

Hailo All,

Server Join date: I have no clue but it was sometime during the beginning of last year.

Applying for: Up to you guys.

Area of expertise w/ supporting evidence: Well, I thiiiiiink i'm well known for helping (Thiiiiiiiiiink) I'll pretty much help with anything you guys put in front of me. I've made a maze with Rash back before the server shut down and I've also helped with the KOTH thingy. And many little things.

Timezone: UTC -05:00

Additional notes: Iay ancay alktay niay igpay atinlay
poapst8
Server Regular
Server Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy on Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:42 pm

poapst8 wrote:Hailo All,

Ejay enay arlepay aspay alay Iglatinpay

Jeremy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  poapst8 on Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:54 pm

Jeremy wrote:
poapst8 wrote:Hailo All,

Ejay enay arlepay aspay alay Iglatinpay

French Pig Latin?
poapst8
Server Regular
Server Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  TerseRex on Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:55 pm

In-Game Username:TerseRex

Server Join date: Roughly a month after lava spawn was released, then 2 days after current spawn went cracked

Applying for: Flexible (pref. Mod/help)

Area of expertise w/ supporting evidence: I am alright with Photoshop still learning the ropes i am reading up on plugins and trying to get some experiences with them i have made a few texture packs and i will have a go at pretty much anything you tell me to do. I am somewhat easy to get along with, i will stand firm against the rules not allowing anyone to "slip through the cracks" and calm down people with ease

Timezone: Whatever one AUS is in.

Additional notes:I'm on pretty much everyday so if there is anything that requires doing im happy to have a go no matter how hard

Last edited by TerseRex on Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just to add and adjust a few things)
TerseRex
Server Regular
Server Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Chovz on Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:53 am

In-Game Username: Chovz

Server join date: Well, I really don't know, but it was when we had the big tree spawn.

Applying for: Helper

Area of expertise w/ supporting evidence: Well, I have experience using WE more than once in many servers. I know how to to deal with people by the good ways and the bad ways meaning I am able to control those who are breaking the rules and '' calm '' them and more importantly, I am able to control myself.

Timezone: PDT/PST (Pacific Daylight Time/Pacific Standard Time)

Additional notes: I've been mod and builder in some servers and I've never been known for poor or bad work, also, I speak 2 languages, Spanish and Enlgish which would be useful in case somebody who only (or mostly) speaks spanish had some questions about the server.
Also, RL can confirm the builder experience.
Chovz
Server Regular
Server Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top