The Legion
Please login or register to get the most out of our forums and be able to use the chat box Smile

I forgot my password

Top posting users this week

Latest topics
» HEY!! GUYS!!
Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:12 am by kisuke

» *cough*
Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:19 am by Jeremy

» Is that it, then?
Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:58 pm by chochi4567

» I'm back, bow down peasants.
Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:59 pm by Shivinate

» Future Proprietors of The-Legion
Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:55 am by Rashneish

» I wanna save it
Tue May 27, 2014 3:34 am by Rashneish

» Hey Everybody :) Missed Me?
Sun May 18, 2014 6:13 pm by Rashneish

» So. . . the server is down again?
Sun May 04, 2014 9:30 pm by Chovz

» Crashed server?
Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:08 pm by Iggy5572

» SERVER IS OPEN
Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:32 pm by chochi4567

» Unofficial Legion server vote
Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:37 pm by Rashneish

» IMPORTANT PSA
Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:49 pm by Redsmith

» Server Coming Back
Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:14 pm by Iggy5572

» Spawn Grief
Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:57 pm by BoLo

» Abuse of Staff Power
Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:40 pm by Iggy5572

Improvement To Spawn

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Improvement To Spawn

Post  DeathMan on Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:46 am

Hi peoples, I'm really enjoying the server heaps!!! Great job guys Very Happy. But to make the server more of an enjoyment, I recommend an admin shop, It's something little but in my opinion it will improve "The Legion's" experience and revenue.

Yours sincerely DeathMan.
DeathMan
Server Regular
Server Regular

Back to top Go down

Re: Improvement To Spawn

Post  Rashneish on Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:23 pm

DeathMan wrote:Hi peoples, I'm really enjoying the server heaps!!! Great job guys Very Happy. But to make the server more of an enjoyment, I recommend an admin shop, It's something little but in my opinion it will improve "The Legion's" experience and revenue.

Are you recommending this having some how managed to miss half a dozen NPC shops around spawn or do you not consider them admin shops. Unlimited stock with buy and sell capability ticks all of the boxes, for me at least.
Rashneish
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Shivinate on Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:52 pm

Rashneish wrote:
DeathMan wrote:Hi peoples, I'm really enjoying the server heaps!!! Great job guys Very Happy. But to make the server more of an enjoyment, I recommend an admin shop, It's something little but in my opinion it will improve "The Legion's" experience and revenue.

Are you recommending this having some how managed to miss half a dozen NPC shops around spawn or do you not consider them admin shops. Unlimited stock with buy and sell capability ticks all of the boxes, for me at least.

What Rash said.

However, I have to agree with DeathMan that we need a main shop as well, just like how there are small plazas, and then there is the anchor, we have several small plazas that sell stuff, but no main anchor. We need something like a "Wal-Mart", an Anchor shop.
Shivinate
Server Regular
Server Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashneish on Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:09 am

Shivinate wrote:However, I have to agree with DeathMan that we need a main shop as well, just like how there are small plazas, and then there is the anchor, we have several small plazas that sell stuff, but no main anchor. We need something like a "Wal-Mart", an Anchor shop.

Shiv, I'm not sure how much European history they teach in good ol'merica, but I am almost a 100% certain as to the lack of any wall-mart or similar alternative in feudal age England.

The design of our spawn is such that exploration is required in order to make full use of it. A wall-mart like establishment would not only be lawbreaking, but destroy the purpose of the damn thing as the convoluted cluster fuck that it is.
Rashneish
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Improvement To Spawn

Post  DeathMan on Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:54 am

To Rashneish. I'm proposing the second option with the unlimited stock. I think it would just make the experience for me and others better and easier. And the agree with Shiv with the Walmart idea, It doesn't matter to me if it's one shop or many, as long as I and/or others don't have to run half way through the spawn to get what they need. And i understand that u want to make good use of the whole spawn but frankly i don't see anyone going to the other parts. So i think this idea would:

1. Attract more people to spawn.
2. Attract more people to the server.
3. And Enhance the experience of the server.

Thanks DeathMan Smile
DeathMan
Server Regular
Server Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  BoLo on Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:21 am

I like the idea of a general store. Rash, it doesn't need to be all encompassing like juice's shop, but some place where people can buy more than four things at a time.
BoLo
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/PWNDstudio

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashneish on Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:24 pm

BoLo wrote:I like the idea of a general store.  Rash, it doesn't need to be all encompassing like juice's shop, but some place where people can buy more than four things at a time.

What is it that you'd suggest the NPC sold and under what pretence would he sell them.

Currently, every NPC who sells items is within 20 of the others blocks with the exception of one which is placed appropriately in the mines no more than 50 blocks away.

Its not liking I'm having folks trudge through hundreds of blocks of terrain to buy an apple, its just set up in a away that makes sense and sets us apart from other servers.

DeathMan wrote:To Rashneish. I'm proposing the second option with the unlimited stock. I think it would just make the experience for me and others better and easier. And the agree with Shiv with the Walmart idea, It doesn't matter to me if it's one shop or many, as long as I and/or others don't have to run half way through the spawn to get what they need. And i understand that u want to make good use of the whole spawn but frankly i don't see anyone going to the other parts. So i think this idea would:

1. Attract more people to spawn.
2. Attract more people to the server.
3. And Enhance the experience of the server.

Thanks DeathMan Smile

Er... right... cheers for the feedback I guess.
Rashneish
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

List Of Recommended Materials

Post  DeathMan on Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:31 am

To Rashneish/Admins: Here's the list of items/materials that I recommend.

Buy/Sell:

1. Gems And Metals: Diamond, Emeralds, Gold, Iron etc.
2. Materials: Redstone, Lapis Lazuli, Coal, dye's (all colors), Sugar Cane, Leather, Empty Buckets, Eggs and Wheat.
3. Building Blocks: Stone, Wood Logs (all types), Quartz, Nether rack/brick, Clay, Sandstone, Wool and Glass.
4. Food: All kinds.
5. Decoration Blocks: Torch, Chest, Furnace, Cactus and Fence/Gates.
6. Miscellaneous: Slime balls, Books/Bookshelf's, Bone and Saddle.

By the way these aren't ordered in the original Minecraft way, I made my own categories.

Your Sincerely DeathMan.
DeathMan
Server Regular
Server Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  rl_jam on Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:48 pm

I agree with Rash on this one. I like the idea of individual shops selling their own items. Although I would like to see items added that are actually worth having money for. For example, why isn't there a carpenter in the spawn, or a stone mason? Maybe there is and I haven't seen it yet. Regardless, due to the servers current tone, a "Wall Mart" is a bad idea in my opinion.

~RL
rl_jam
Server Regular
Server Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashneish on Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:07 pm

rl_jam wrote:I agree with Rash on this one. I like the idea of individual shops selling their own items. Although I would like to see items added that are actually worth having money for. For example, why isn't there a carpenter in the spawn, or a stone mason? Maybe there is and I haven't seen it yet. Regardless, due to the servers current tone, a "Wall Mart" is a bad idea in my opinion.

~RL

Neither exist currently. I'll add them now.
Rashneish
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy on Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:36 pm

We could have a nether store I suppose, which would sell nether articles.

--Need Help? Contact me on skype callto://baneofzombies , or by email: jerem.perrott@gmail.com--
Proud Member of Alpaca Inc.

Jeremy
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.projectorbis.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shivinate on Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:10 pm

Maybe individual shops could be cheaper? That could be a good reason to explore individual shops while also knowing there is a main shop.

Yea lol not a Juice Plaza.
Shivinate
Server Regular
Server Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Chovz on Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:20 pm

Shivinate wrote:Maybe individual shops could be cheaper? That could be a good reason to explore individual shops while also knowing there is a main shop.

I say that, instead of a single shop or cheaper NPC's shops, a map that shows where the npc's are located and/or making them closer to each other would be a better Idea, if thats possible obviously.

~[ButterOverlord]Chovz~
Chovz
Server Regular
Server Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy on Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:44 pm

Chovz wrote:
Shivinate wrote:Maybe individual shops could be cheaper? That could be a good reason to explore individual shops while also knowing there is a main shop.

I say that, instead of a single shop or cheaper NPC's shops, a map that shows where the npc's are located and/or making them closer to each other would be a better Idea, if thats possible obviously.

~[ButterOverlord]Chovz~
I've been thinking how to implement this.

--Need Help? Contact me on skype callto://baneofzombies , or by email: jerem.perrott@gmail.com--

Jeremy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashneish on Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:09 am

Jeremy wrote:I've been thinking how to implement this.

Surely we need only add some labels (custom where needed) to the DynMap?

Rashneish
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Redsmith on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:32 am

If we could find a way to mark the actual map in-game, like the one in the cartographer's place, it might offer a more convenient shop layout display than the Dynmap link. Perhaps there's a plugin for this?
Redsmith
Server Regular
Server Regular

http://casualeccentric.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashneish on Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:50 pm

Redsmith wrote:If we could find a way to mark the actual map in-game, like the one in the cartographer's place, it might offer a more convenient shop layout display than the Dynmap link. Perhaps there's a plugin for this?

It would seem to me that walking/teleporting to a location and looking at a map requires as much effort (if not more) than click on a link. That said, does this laziness/incompetence really justify another plugin to leach the servers resources?
Rashneish
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Redsmith on Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:38 pm

A physical map has more of a feeling of accessibility, especially if there's a warp to it or if it's actually somewhere in the spawn area, and many players might not be able to support Minecraft and a web browser simultaneously, or even know what a Dynmap is. And they may be largely incompetent, but that's the sort of people we're dealing with and we can't fix the problem in their end- only make our end more convenient to support their tiny brains. That said, a new plugin may not be worth it; you're right about that. A mapworking plugin would help to solve this problem, and possibly be of some novelty to players such as myself, but I admit that it's largely nonessential.
Redsmith
Server Regular
Server Regular

http://casualeccentric.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy on Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:51 pm

Not sure if it's been implemented yet, but I have a solution to dis.

Jeremy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top