The Legion
Please login or register to get the most out of our forums and be able to use the chat box Smile

I forgot my password

Top posting users this week

Latest topics
» HEY!! GUYS!!
Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:12 am by kisuke

» *cough*
Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:19 am by Jeremy

» Is that it, then?
Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:58 pm by chochi4567

» I'm back, bow down peasants.
Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:59 pm by Shivinate

» Future Proprietors of The-Legion
Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:55 am by Rashneish

» I wanna save it
Tue May 27, 2014 3:34 am by Rashneish

» Hey Everybody :) Missed Me?
Sun May 18, 2014 6:13 pm by Rashneish

» So. . . the server is down again?
Sun May 04, 2014 9:30 pm by Chovz

» Crashed server?
Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:08 pm by Iggy5572

» SERVER IS OPEN
Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:32 pm by chochi4567

» Unofficial Legion server vote
Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:37 pm by Rashneish

» IMPORTANT PSA
Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:49 pm by Redsmith

» Server Coming Back
Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:14 pm by Iggy5572

» Spawn Grief
Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:57 pm by BoLo

» Abuse of Staff Power
Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:40 pm by Iggy5572

Plugin suggestion: Maxbans

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Plugin suggestion: Maxbans

Post  Rodney3434 on Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:21 pm

Not too long ago I witnessed a player joining the server through cracked means and taking on the account of other player's names they typed in. Well, I would like to say that Maxbans would've been a great tool to have at a time like that. Maxbans keeps track of every player that enters the server by logging their IPs in a convenient to use database that can be accessed at any time with commands like: checkip, dupeip, checkban and others. But Maxbans isn't just like any other tool you'd see for keeping a server more safe. It also contains the ability to ban with reason and customizable color codes or announcement of bans, mutes, ip-bans, etc. /warn commands are included, with customizable consequences after a set number of warns in a set amount of times. New convenient arguments are added to some well known commands like /kick by allowing commands such as /kick * to kick everyone off the server at one time. It even includes a /ipreport to grab a report of every player currently online on the server and their ips. There's also commands such as /forcespawn to force a player to the spawn (Great for catching someone in an administrative area that got there due to glitches or other mishaps), and /lockdown to lockdown the server for a specified amount of time for any various reason. Bot attack? No problem. /rangeban, /temprangeban, and /unrangeban are commands that are most valuable during a crisis situations of bots. They allow for an administrator to ban several ips within an ip range. This is great considering most bots use the same ips with just a few number differences when spamming a server.  It also contains a /history command to view the history of bans, mutes, ipbans, temporary mutes, and kicks by each individual staff member in case one might want to view records of these for purposes of 'naughty' business, or just to see when and what happened at different times.

But, if you're interested in this plugin, here's a link to the bukkitdev and download for it: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As a retired administrator of several servers, this was one of my favorite plugins to use! I hope you may include this in your server, because I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I did.
Thanks for your time,
~Rodney3434
Rodney3434
Server Regular
Server Regular

http://www.fatecrafters.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Plugin suggestion: Maxbans

Post  Jeremy on Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:25 am

Thanks for the input.

>Not too long ago I witnessed a player joining the server through cracked means and taking on the account of other player's names they typed in.

All staff should be informed on how to deal with this.

>It also contains the ability to ban with reason and customizable color codes or announcement of bans, mutes, ip-bans, etc.

Banning/Kicking with a reason is covered by Vanilla, we currently only announce bans, kicks, mutes, etc to Administrators and Moderators.

>/kick * to kick everyone off the server at one time.

/kickall

>/forcespawn

/spawn (playername)

>/lockdown to lockdown the server for a specified amount of time for any various reason.

Id Est. Vanilla /whitelist on

> /rangeban, /temprangeban, and /unrangeban

This is completely unnecessary, bot attacks aren't that big of a deal, you can deal with them with a simple IP ban, which is exactly what the range ban would do anyway.

> It also contains a /history command to view the history of bans, mutes, ipbans, temporary mutes, and kicks by each individual staff member in case one might want to view records of these for purposes of 'naughty' business, or just to see when and what happened at different times.

All logged, and reviewed by me once a week.

It's a nice plugin, but not needed.

Proud Member of Alpaca Inc.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Jeremy
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.projectorbis.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rodney3434 on Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:07 am

As for everything you said, yes, I would agree that most of the commands in it are covered by essentials currently and vanilla Minecraft. I noticed this when another player brought it up and I remembered some of the more recent commands for essentials that already make some of the commands in the plugin obsolete. When I used this plugin it was quite a while back before most of the commands in it were covered by plugins like essentials. Lol, sorry, it's been quite a while since I've been administrating- I'm a bit rusty on the old plugins. However I have been working together with one of my old partners to get me back in gear and up-to-date with most common plugins as of March 26th, so perhaps next time my suggestions will be a bit more updated with the current Minecraft release.  Smile

I do want to mention though that I love Prism. I'm glad you all are using that anti-grief plugin. That was my favorite plugin to use, and I still enjoy using it hehe, good choice.
Rodney3434
Server Regular
Server Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy on Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:47 pm

Rodney3434 wrote:As for everything you said, yes, I would agree that most of the commands in it are covered by essentials currently and vanilla Minecraft. I noticed this when another player brought it up and I remembered some of the more recent commands for essentials that already make some of the commands in the plugin obsolete. When I used this plugin it was quite a while back before most of the commands in it were covered by plugins like essentials. Lol, sorry, it's been quite a while since I've been administrating- I'm a bit rusty on the old plugins. However I have been working together with one of my old partners to get me back in gear and up-to-date with most common plugins as of March 26th, so perhaps next time my suggestions will be a bit more updated with the current Minecraft release.  Smile

I do want to mention though that I love Prism. I'm glad you all are using that anti-grief plugin. That was my favorite plugin to use, and I still enjoy using it hehe, good choice.

Um... I've worked with Essentials since I first met Iaccidentily and Khobbits who when I mentioned I didn't currently use essentials and how it was all separate modules, and coded in rather patchy ways; they informed me they were moving all the resources to one plugin. This was 2011. All the commands I mentioned have been in essentials since that time.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'd recommend checking the commit for that one and see what else was changed...

Jeremy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rodney3434 on Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:10 pm

Jeremy wrote:
Rodney3434 wrote:As for everything you said, yes, I would agree that most of the commands in it are covered by essentials currently and vanilla Minecraft. I noticed this when another player brought it up and I remembered some of the more recent commands for essentials that already make some of the commands in the plugin obsolete. When I used this plugin it was quite a while back before most of the commands in it were covered by plugins like essentials. Lol, sorry, it's been quite a while since I've been administrating- I'm a bit rusty on the old plugins. However I have been working together with one of my old partners to get me back in gear and up-to-date with most common plugins as of March 26th, so perhaps next time my suggestions will be a bit more updated with the current Minecraft release.  Smile

Um... I've worked with Essentials since I first met Iaccidentily and Khobbits who when I mentioned I didn't currently use essentials and how it was all separate modules, and coded in rather patchy ways; they informed me they were moving all the resources to one plugin. This was 2011. All the commands I mentioned have been in essentials since that time.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'd recommend checking the commit for that one and see what else was changed...

I was more specifically referring to /seen which came out recently (Depending on how you interpret recently) Because I remember the old owner I used to work with, Slayr288, on the day when he said essentials added a /seen command that does the same thing as /dupeip and /checkban and all that. The other commands like /whois and /banlist and whatnot I just forgot about lol, since I really haven't like messed with those commands as of late. The kind of commands that I really only use when I need to, you know? And I've been retired for well over a year now so I haven't had to use any of those commands in so long that I just forgot.
Rodney3434
Server Regular
Server Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy on Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:25 pm

>The kind of commands that I really only use when I need to, you know?

I understand what you mean. I use to know 80% of the commands of the plugins we use... now it's like 5%.

Yay! Backend Guy!

Jeremy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down