The Legion
Please login or register to get the most out of our forums and be able to use the chat box Smile

I forgot my password

Top posting users this week

Latest topics
» HEY!! GUYS!!
Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:12 am by kisuke

» *cough*
Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:19 am by Jeremy

» Is that it, then?
Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:58 pm by chochi4567

» I'm back, bow down peasants.
Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:59 pm by Shivinate

» Future Proprietors of The-Legion
Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:55 am by Rashneish

» I wanna save it
Tue May 27, 2014 3:34 am by Rashneish

» Hey Everybody :) Missed Me?
Sun May 18, 2014 6:13 pm by Rashneish

» So. . . the server is down again?
Sun May 04, 2014 9:30 pm by Chovz

» Crashed server?
Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:08 pm by Iggy5572

» SERVER IS OPEN
Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:32 pm by chochi4567

» Unofficial Legion server vote
Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:37 pm by Rashneish

» IMPORTANT PSA
Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:49 pm by Redsmith

» Server Coming Back
Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:14 pm by Iggy5572

» Spawn Grief
Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:57 pm by BoLo

» Abuse of Staff Power
Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:40 pm by Iggy5572

Future Proprietors of The-Legion

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does anyone object to Wlker and Bolo taking over the server?

11% 11% 
[ 1 ]
22% 22% 
[ 2 ]
33% 33% 
[ 3 ]
11% 11% 
[ 1 ]
22% 22% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 9

Future Proprietors of The-Legion

Post  Jeremy on Tue May 27, 2014 11:33 pm

At this stage, I think it's time for me to step down from Managing the server. It's been a fun go at it, but I'm just not able to do what I want to be able to do for the server. I'd be willing to help out a little bit during the summer if Sam and Andrew (Bolo & Wlker) want to keep the server going.

Anyone who objects to them taking over can leave their thoughts below, and vote as such on the poll. Leave your feedback regardless below.

Proud Member of Alpaca Inc.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Jeremy
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.projectorbis.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Future Proprietors of The-Legion

Post  BoLo on Wed May 28, 2014 3:42 pm

Jeremy wrote:Anyone who objects to them taking over can leave their thoughts below, and vote as such on the poll. Leave your feedback regardless below.

For those of you who think the server should no longer run, care to leave a reason as to why you think this?
BoLo
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/PWNDstudio

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashneish on Fri May 30, 2014 4:46 am

BoLo wrote:
Jeremy wrote:Anyone who objects to them taking over can leave their thoughts below, and vote as such on the poll. Leave your feedback regardless below.

For those of you who think the server should no longer run, care to leave a reason as to why you think this?

People weren't able to put in the work required - due to a mixture of incompetence, laziness, disinterest and time constraints - the server died. I have serious doubts as to whether anything has really changed

Seems to me that unless certain people raise their game dramatically, things will turn out much the same as before hence the vote to call it a day.
Rashneish
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  BoLo on Sat May 31, 2014 2:12 am

Thank you for the feedback, although your vote and words mean nothing.
BoLo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashneish on Sat May 31, 2014 1:24 pm

BoLo wrote:Thank you for the feedback, although your vote and words mean nothing.

Why ask for an explanation if my response means nothing to you? Is it wise to disregard what you dont want to hear?
Rashneish
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  BoLo on Sat May 31, 2014 3:00 pm

I say they mean nothing because Jeremy and I are working together go get the server back up and running. Well, it's already up and running and updated, there's just some things that need to be worked out before the relaunch.
BoLo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Chovz on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:56 pm

Well, this is just my personal opinion but, I must say that it wasn't the few player or the broken plugins that made me go away from the server (I left Minecraft in general for a while), it was the fact that the server didn't had new things to entertain me with. The map was too small to explore the world and the spawn just had shops in general but almost NO activities to entertain me with.
I would like to think that if you improved this kind of things and mostly the activities to do on the server, a bunch of people would come and check it out (Old and/or New).
I'm not suggesting making huge changes like adding a FULL other server with minigames or that kind of stuff, a simple skywars plugin would attract more people, or even plots would do the trick.
The simple fact of knowing that the server won't change in ANY way in a week, 2 weeks, or even a monrh would make people get bored after some time.
As an old man once said to me: "The most efficient work comes from the hand of a happy man...". If you want people to come around at the server, you have to keep them amused and they'll be happy to come back every once in a while or even everyday.
Chovz
Server Regular
Server Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  wlker99 on Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:02 pm

BoLo wrote:I say they mean nothing because Jeremy and I are working together go get the server back up and running.  Well, it's already up and running and updated, there's just some things that need to be worked out before the relaunch.

So i proposed the idea of bringing it back up said i would do it then you jump on and say you will do it and not consult me about anything of the server even being up or that you are actually doing anything kind of makes me not as interested of even helping you bring it back

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  BoLo on Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:24 pm

Chovz, thank you for the constructive criticism.

Wlk, I did not "jump on," I expressed interest in getting the server back up, and Jeremy said himself that he was more than likely to pass the keys to the server to me.
You seem convinced that getting the server back on its feet was all your idea, and you were going to take control of the paypal account, and own the server yourself.
Understand this, I am the co-owner of the server, and Jeremy is the owner.
I'm all for you helping us, and in turn becoming a co-owner, and by all means, help if you've got the time. Jeremy and I are kicking this into full gear next week, because this week he's got his national championships and I'm looking for a second job. I welcome and encourage you to help, and am in no way trying to make you not want to help.
If you don't want to help because I am "actually doing anything," that's your prerogative. If you don't want to help solely on the fact that I'm working on it, it shows me that it wasn't too important to you in the first place, and I'm wondering why you even want to work on it at all.
But again, we'd love your help, and next week we're getting this show on the road.
BoLo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashneish on Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:36 am

BoLo wrote:I say they mean nothing because Jeremy and I are working together go get the server back up and running.  Well, it's already up and running and updated, there's just some things that need to be worked out before the relaunch.

If the explanation means nothing then don't bloody well waste peoples time asking for an explanation. Telling people that their opinions mean nothing (even if the do) is pretty shitty PR btw.

How do you propose to maintain the sever w/two jobs and school? I'm legitimately curious, your explanation does mean something.

Also out of curiosity, will you be using my spawn*? If so I'd ask only that you provide reasonable credit I.E. Link to my PMC. I might return the favour by linking to server advertisements on builds that were originally constructed for the legion.

*Yes, I'm aware that other people helped out and I've credited them accordingly.
Rashneish
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  BoLo on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:22 am

Constructive criticism goes a long way. Cool, you told us what was wrong with the server, and that's something we were all aware of. Why don't you try giving us your opinion on how to fix these things. When I hear people complain about how bad things are and then do nothing to fix it, that pisses me off.
BoLo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashneish on Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:23 pm

@ Bolo (no quoting on mobile)

My opinion on how the server should be 'fixed'? Visit some popular survival server and see what they do and how they do it. Then, copy everything and hope for the best. A unique experience with new and underused plugins isn't what people want these days.

As far as I can tell, the only thing wrong with the server iz that people werent interested in what we provided. They dont wang an immersive, detailed experience, but simple, direct and traditional gameplay.

This means: No GUIs, no NPCs, no interactive spawn. Replace these with interactive signs - shops, teleports and a single-building spawn.
This may all sound really droney anf cynical but as far I can tell, this is the sad reality. Sm typing this on phone, hence the typo fest.
Rashneish
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  BoLo on Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:51 pm

Thanks (actual thanks) for the feedback.
BoLo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Chovz on Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:02 pm

Rashneish wrote:

As far as I can tell, the only thing wrong with the server is that people weren't interested in what we provided. They dont want an immersive, detailed experience, but simple, direct and traditional gameplay.

Inmersive?, Rash, we all know you all tried to give the server a unique gameplay with the NPC's , the GUI's and all that, but the NPC's just gave a esthetic look to the server INSIDE SPAWN. Everything that was outside spawn was merely factions and mcmmo, just like any other server.
For me atleast, an inmersive experience would had been taking quests from some NPC's; maybe a warzone protected temple with a boss spawning every once in a while, and that kind of things that would make a server look original.
My point is, if you want the gameplay to be inmersive, you need to make it not only inside spawn, but away of it too.
As I said before, give US (The community) something else than just regular factions and mcmmo outside that fancy spawn that we consider interesenting and enjoyable to do, and we will be happy to come around more often than just once in a while.

[I just want to give constructive criticism] ~ Da butterbell
Chovz
Server Regular
Server Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  wlker99 on Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:48 pm

Wlk, I did not "jump on," I expressed interest in getting the server back up, and Jeremy said himself that he was more than likely to pass the keys to the server to me.
You seem convinced that getting the server back on its feet was all your idea, and you were going to take control of the paypal account, and own the server yourself.
Understand this, I am the co-owner of the server, and Jeremy is the owner.
I'm all for you helping us, and in turn becoming a co-owner, and by all means, help if you've got the time.  Jeremy and I are kicking this into full gear next week, because this week he's got his national championships and I'm looking for a second job.  I welcome and encourage you to help, and am in no way trying to make you not want to help.
If you don't want to help because I am "actually doing anything," that's your prerogative.  If you don't want to help solely on the fact that I'm working on it, it shows me that it wasn't too important to you in the first place, and I'm wondering why you even want to work on it at all.
But again, we'd love your help, and next week we're getting this show on the road.[/quote]

um bolo i wasnt trying to say i wasnt going to do anything because you were working on it. the fact that i was interested in getting it up and running and then you came in and since you were "co-owner" you put it up instead of me thats why i was a bit mad and fyi i wasnt trying to take the pay-pal account and take it for myself the only reason i would take it was if jer was officially done with it and so were you.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Legion

Post  DarkShard_ on Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:58 pm

If I could take my vote back I would say forget it. It's obvious It's not getting back on it's feet the way everyone keeps fighting. There are too many faction servers in the MC community so why bother? Yes, it is fun to fiddle with jar files and configs to make your own server. Heck, Me and some friends are getting some money together to host a server. But when it's a server like this that takes up 70% of all running servers on MC, Why bother?
DarkShard_
Server Regular
Server Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Chovz on Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:31 pm

DarkShard_ wrote:If I could take my vote back I would say forget it. It's obvious It's not getting back on it's feet the way everyone keeps fighting. There are too many faction servers in the MC community so why bother? Yes, it is fun to fiddle with jar files and configs to make your own server. Heck, Me and some friends are getting some money together to host a server. But when it's a server like this that takes up 70% of all running servers on MC, Why bother?

Dark, we bother because its something that most of us would like back, not only the server like it was, but the friends and things we built inside that special server.
They are arguing because they need a real solution and not one that would last for a month or 2. They NEED to talk about this , otherwise they'll never make the server go back on it's feet and bring us back something we (specially me) love so much.
Chovz
Server Regular
Server Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashneish on Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:47 am

Chovz wrote:
DarkShard_ wrote:If I could take my vote back I would say forget it. It's obvious It's not getting back on it's feet the way everyone keeps fighting. There are too many faction servers in the MC community so why bother? Yes, it is fun to fiddle with jar files and configs to make your own server. Heck, Me and some friends are getting some money together to host a server. But when it's a server like this that takes up 70% of all running servers on MC, Why bother?

Dark, we bother because its something that most of us would like back, not only the server like it was, but the friends and things we built inside that special server.
They are arguing because they need a real solution and not one that would last for a month or 2. They NEED to talk about this , otherwise they'll never make the server go back on it's feet and bring us back something we (specially me) love so much.

After over a month of inactivity on my part, 6 of the plugins are still inoperable (including PEX and NPCs)... It would seem that no-one (who has console) is interested enough in the server to spend the 1/2 hour necessary to get it up and running again. While you may be interested in revitalising the server, it seems to me that no-one else is.

On the subject of immerser game-play, most people were't even willing/able to use the bank, player shops or rented houses despite obvious benefits associated with doing so and the clear instructions we provided. Hell, half the players weren't interested in the bloody GUI and had to be told repeatedly that it existed and was useful. Perhaps I got a little carried away, but in any case, I would maintain that from experience, the simplest faction servers do the best.

Wlker, myself and a few of our friends are working on a new server with 20gb HD space and 4gb ram. At least as far as we're concerned, the legion is utterly obsolete.
Rashneish
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  BoLo on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:20 am

That's cool and all that you think that, but the server is going up irrevocably.  As for you wondering why it hasn't been done in an amount of time that satisfies your expectations, Jeremy and I agreed on a time starting next week, due to some previous obligations we both had.  And good luck with starting your own servers, I hope it all goes well.  I hope it becomes wildly popular and people have a outstanding time, and you find staff that won't bail on you after almost two years.  But I suppose that's their prerogative, and you can't become angry about that, just disappointed.
BoLo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashneish on Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:29 pm

BoLo wrote:That's cool and all that you think that, but the server is going up irrevocably.  As for you wondering why it hasn't been done in an amount of time that satisfies your expectations, Jeremy and I agreed on a time starting next week, due to some previous obligations we both had.  And good luck with starting your own servers, I hope it all goes well.  I hope it becomes wildly popular and people have a outstanding time, and you find staff that won't bail on you after almost two years.  But I suppose that's their prerogative, and you can't become angry about that, just disappointed.

I have no expectations to satisfy having left several weeks ago. I'm simply discussing the issue and stating facts.

Neither am I starting my own server. This a joint venture between half a dozen people, many of whom have a load more free time than I do. I merely intend to help out when I have the time, something that is/was not possible with legion due to us all being incredibly busy.

It is my prerogative to leave a server in which for several months, I've been to a large extent the only active staff member who has a bloody clue what they're doing. Working alone sucks and I don't plan to do it any longer. How could you or anyone else possibly be surprised or disappointed given these circumstances? I haven't a bloody clue.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very fond of this server and several of its members... once/if you guys get up and running again, I'd be more than happy to drop in very occasionally and help out should my assistance be required.
Rashneish
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  chochi4567 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:04 pm

I tried to buy the server but you guys denied me. Im still open to buying the server if you guys are up for it. I have plenty more free-time than i think some of the admins do on the legion. My offer still stands of $10 dollars which i think is a lot of money for a MINECRAFT server. If you do decide you want to change your mind contact me on Skype at chochi456 or e-mail at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
chochi4567
Server Regular
Server Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Rashneish on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:56 am

chochi4567 wrote:I tried to buy the server but you guys denied me. Im still open to buying the server if you guys are up for it. I have plenty more free-time than i think some of the admins do on the legion. My offer still stands of $10 dollars which i think is a lot of money for a MINECRAFT server. If you do decide you want to change your mind contact me on Skype at chochi456 or e-mail at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not sure you quite understand the nature of servers choch... The only thing that you could possibly buy is the map which is already plastered all over PMC.

If you have time time and money for a server, start your own.
Rashneish
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy on Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:33 pm

"You guys" "denied me"

EnterFacePalm.jpg

Proud Member of Alpaca Inc.
Jeremy
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.projectorbis.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chovz on Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:34 pm

Jeremy wrote:"You guys" "denied me"

EnterFacePalm.jpg

There:
Chovz
Server Regular
Server Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  chochi4567 on Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:57 pm

i mean, so is this it? We had a good run. ill miss all of you. I hope there is a way to keep us all in touch.
chochi4567
Server Regular
Server Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top